Below are some useful links and contact numbers to groups that may be able to help out in time of an emergency
Community and Covid-19 Crisis Resources
***** For Police and Fire emergencies CALL 911 *****
- Buffalo Mutual Aid Network ….. Facebook LINK This group is for local resource sharing and organizing in immediate response to the current COVID-19 crisis.
- Erie County Covid-19 Hotline ….. (716) 858-2929
- New York State Department of Health Covid-19 Hotline ….. 1-888-364-3055
- Crisis Services ….. (716) 834-3131 … LINK … open 24/7 via the phone to help anyone who is in a state of crisis or if you just need someone to talk to. Calls from people who are depressed, lonely, suicidal, suffering from domestic or sexual violence, PTSD, etc. are some examples of the reasons that people call. Both staff and volunteers are thoroughly trained to deal with those scenarios. If you ever need urgent police assistance they can help locate where the person is calling from and send it to the police.
- Erie County Child Care Resource Network ….. (716) 877-6666
- New York State Unemployment Benefits ….. 1-888-209-8124
- Buffalo Senior Meal Services ….. (716) 858-8526
- Buffalo Public School Meals ….. (716) 816-3688
- West Seneca Public School Covid-19 Information Page ….. LINK … includes a link to meal information
- West Seneca Public Safety Page … LINK … phone numbers for West Seneca and community resources related to public safety including utilities and counseling groups. For Police and Fire emergencies CALL 911
- ConnectLife Blood donations ….. (716) 529-4270 … website LINK Donation center in the Southgate Plaza
- Red Cross Blood donations ….. 1-800-733-2767 … website LINK
- Feedmore WNY ….. (716) 822-2002 … website LINK Formerly Meals on Wheels and Food Bank of WNY (groups combined)
- Foodpantries.org ….. website directory of Food Banks, Soup Kitchens, and non-profit organizations committed to fighting hunger. Link is to food pantries in West Seneca and the local area … Foodpantries.org LINK
… 14 Holy Helpers Food Pantry … 674-2374 for zip code 14224
… West Seneca Food Pantry … 823-8376 for zip code 14224
… Resurrection Life Fellowship … 656-8995 for zip code 14225 and 14227
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) … issues electronic benefits that can be used like cash to purchase food. SNAP helps low-income working people, senior citizens, the disabled and others feed their families. Eligibility and benefit levels are based on household size, income and other factors. … Erie County SNAP LINK
- HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) ….. The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) is a federally funded program, which is administered by New York State to assist low-income families with their energy needs. Multiple components are available to aply for heating assistance or services while the funding is available. … Erie County HEAP LINK.
- Erie County Emergency Social Services … links to a number of social services programs within Erie County that can provide temporary or emergency assistance … Erie County Emergency Social Services LINK