Below are some useful resource links and contact numbers to Catholic organizations that should be able to provide you with information and resources on our faith or offer support with a faith based perspective. While these resources may have some materials or information available for purchase, or they may request a donation to offset their costs to provide you resources, they all have some free information or materials available.
Diocese of Buffalo Links
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo ….. http://www.buffalodiocese.org
- Western New York Catholic Online ….. https://www.wnycatholic.org/
- Western New York Catholic Schools ….. http://www.wnycatholicschools.org
- Catholic Charities of Buffalo ….. serving all of WNY … https://www.ccwny.org/
Catholic Faith Based Life Support
- Catholic Mom ….. www.catholicmom.com is a site that was started by Lisa Hendey in 2000 to create a community for Catholic parents to share insights on living their faith with their family. The website has grown substantially over the years to become a rich resource for all Catholics seeking spiritual enrichment for their families. It continues to provide fresh perspectives from the enriching columnists and contributors with daily articles and reflections as well as book and tech recommendations.
- Word on Fire ….. https://www.wordonfire.org/ Word on Fire Catholic Ministries is a nonprofit global media apostolate that supports the work of Bishop Robert Barron and reaches millions of people to draw them into— or back to— the Catholic faith.
Word on Fire is evangelical; it proclaims Jesus Christ as the source of conversion and new life. Word on Fire is Catholic; it utilizes the tremendous resources of the Roman Catholic tradition—art, architecture, poetry, philosophy, theology, and the lives of the saints— in order to explain and interpret the event of Jesus Christ.
- Missionaries of Charity ….. https://www.motherteresa.org/missionaries-of-charity.html “The Aim of our Society is to quench this infinite thirst of God Made Man. … The Missionaries of Charity, using the four vows,… continually give the thirsting God to drink of their love and the love of souls they bring to Him. The Missionary of Charity must always be with Our Lady at the foot of the Cross … to quench the burning thirst of Jesus.” (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)
There are a number of resources available including videos of Mother Teresa. You can also pray the rosary with her.
- The Catholic Woman ….. https://thecatholicwoman.co/ Their mission is to foster a sense of belonging amongst millennial Catholic women by illustrating the many faces and vocations of women in the Church so that each and every one of them is inspired to intentionally live out their faith. We publish letters, interviews and films for you about Catholic women like you to show that there is a place for every woman in the Church
- Blessed Is She ….. https://blessedisshe.net Blessed is She is a sisterhood of women who want to grow together in their Catholic faith. They create beautiful and accessible resources, products, and experiences to foster community and deepen faith, both online and in person.
- The Catholic Gentleman ….. https://www.catholicgentleman.net/ “The Catholic Gentleman exists to inspire men to holiness—to love God, to serve others, and to deny self. We are a community of Catholic men like you, giving our lives in service to Christ the King by sacrificing for our families, our neighbors, and the good of the Church.”
- Pray as You Go ….. https://pray-as-you-go.org/ Pray As You Go is a daily prayer session, designed to go with you wherever you go, to help you pray whenever you find time, but particularly whilst travelling to and from work, study, etc. A new prayer session is produced every day of the working week and one session for the weekend. It is not a ‘Thought for the Day’, a sermon or a bible-study, but rather a framework for your own prayer.
Pray as You Go materials are available on your PC through the link above. It is also available as an app that you can download to your iPhone or Android smartphone for mobile access wherever you go.
- 3 Minute Retreats ….. https://www.loyolapress.com/3-minute-retreats-daily-online-prayer 3-Minute Retreats invite you to take a short prayer break right at your computer. Spend some quiet time reflecting on a Scripture passage.
3 Minute Retreats is available through Loyola Press on your PC through the link above. It is also available as an app that you can download to your iPhone or Android smartphone for mobile access wherever you go.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops ….. http://www.usccb.org/ While this is the main organizational website for US Catholic bishops, it contains a strong collection sof resources on the Catholic faith.