Dear Friends in Christ, Take time to thank God for His love and to reflect upon and once again renew your baptismal promises, expressed here in question format…
- Do you reject sin, so as to live in the freedom of God’s children? I do.
- Do you reject the glamor of evil, and refuse to be mastered by sin? I do.
- Do you reject Satan, father of sin and price of darkness? I do.
- Do you believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth? I do.
- Do you believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, and was buried, rose from the dead, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father? I do.
- Do you believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting? I do.
This is our faith. This is the faith of the Church. We are proud to profess it, in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen. May you always treat yourself and others with gentleness and great awe as you realize we are all made in the image of God.
Fr. David Bellittiere